BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fray


This post is going to be a little short, but I just wanted to talk about one of my favorite comic books with a strong, female lead (for a change) - "Fray" by Joss Whedon.

I'm a huge Whedon fan, and have read all of his comics, seen all of his movies, and watched (almost) all of his TV shows. In my opinion, he has a great knack for dialogue and is one of the best writers in the business today.

In 2001, Whedon started the story about a young girl who fights vampires in a dark future. This probably sounds a lot alike another story Whedon did called "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", and it should - Fray is a direct descendant of Buffy.

It's definitely a series that I recommend reading. Fray is a complex character, and Whedon spends a lot of time developing her through her actions and her relationships with others. The art by Karl Moline is great, and I often will pick up something that I've noticed he did, regardless of the writer.

0 comments: